Monday, April 9, 2007

Tyres and Brake Pads change

April Fool Day..

I changed my tires front and rear of size 120 front and 160 rear..
Asked for Metzeler Z6 but was told that it is only available for size 180 rear..

Some of the tires available was BT21, 50 and 14(Battlax).. BT21 is the latest on the market going for $320. Metzeler M3 is available still but not on my top of choice considering it has a bad reputation during wet weather despite being new in the market..

Thus I stick to my comfy choice of Metzeler M1.. It lasted me about a year with superb grip on the road.

Brakepads: Front and rear consist of total 3 pairs of brakepad.. 2 pair for front and 1 for rear.. Previously using WP brakepads for the front and Daytona for rear.. Changed to SBS for both front and rear.. Verdict; WP has a better braking composite.. All in all is statisying.

Pics: None(pending)

What:
1 x front/rear M1 tires - $300(price inclusive labour and balancing)

3 x SBS Brakepads - $60price inclusive labour)

Total damage: $360
Feeling: $360 for me and my love ones' safety; satisfaction guaranteed.

No comments: